1/2-day or 1-day beginner's pottery workshop for 1 or 2 people
The 1-day (6-hours with an hour's break in the middle for lunch) workshop is a more comprehensive session aimed at those who wish to have a more in-depth experience, creating pieces which will be made using all the fundamental ceramics disciplines of pinching, coiling, slab building & throwing. The workshops are structured to be fun and creative, and students can let their imaginations run wild.
Refreshments will be provided for all workshops, and a light, rustic farmhouse-style lunch is also included for those attending the 1-day workshop. Depending on the weather/time of year, lunch can be taken either out in the cottage garden or in our country kitchen which has a view over the garden.
The sessions are hands-on, and the student will be able to use all the studio facilities (clay, various tools and print-making equipment, extruders, the pottery wheel etc.). At the end of the 1/2-day workshop, the student can choose 3 pieces that they wish to have glazed and fired. Those students attending a full-day workshop get to choose 6 pieces that they can have fired. Once the pieces have dried sufficiently, I will then biscuit fire, glaze and glaze fire the pieces. These can then be either collected by the student (if they live locally) or I can post them (I have to charge postage & packaging). Each student will also be provided with a certificate of completion.
Please understand that it takes a few weeks for pieces to dry thoroughly and for me to then biscuit fire, glaze and subsequently glaze fire them.
Send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07417 522366 for more information or to discuss requirements. If you'd like this experience to be a gift for someone, you can also purchase 1/2-day or 1-day workshop gift certificate from our online shop. We can advise of local accommodation for those wishing to include an overnight stay in the area.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AT A GLANCE
1. All tools and materials are included. We have a selection of old shirts available, but the student may wish to bring their own smock/shirt/apron. It’s important that the student wears comfortable shoes and clothing.
2. Rings and bracelets will need to be removed during the workshop (they mark the clay, and you don’t want the clay ruining your jewellery either) – I can provide a pot to put them in if required.
3. Refreshments (tea/coffee/soft drinks) are available for all workshops, and a light, rustic farmhouse-style lunch will be provided for the full-day workshops.
4. The studio is equipped with a wedging table, extruder, large table for hand building, a Shimpo pottery wheel and a large top-loader kiln.
6. The tuition is either for one or a maximum of two people; this ensures that the student gets the maximum benefit from the day with no distractions.
7. The age limit is 16+, unless accompanied by an adult.
8. I am insured (IWW/5102205).
9. The student will be provided with a certificate of completion.
10. The student can choose four pieces to be fired and either collected or posted out to them.
11. We can advise of local accommodation for those wishing to stay overnight in the area
Half-day tuition for 1 person (AM or PM session) £120.00
Half-day tuition for 2 persons (AM or PM session) £220.00
1-day tuition for 1 person with lunch (10:00 am - 5:00 pm) £220.00
1-day pairs experience with lunch (10:00 am - 5:00 pm) £400.00
Half-day throwing tuition for 1 person (AM or PM session) £120.00
Half-day throwing tuition for 2 persons (AM or PM session) £220.00
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS, CANCELLATION POLICY & REFUNDS
The workshop booking is valid for 1 year from the booking date – this simply means that the setting of the date for the workshop must be arranged within the validity period, however the workshop date could be outside of this validity period.
The purchaser of the workshop may cancel the workshop up to 2 weeks before the workshop date with a full refund.
Failure to attend the workshop on the day without sufficient notice will result in the workshop being cancelled and no refund will be issued.
If the participant of the workshop is unable to attend their workshop for good reason, a new workshop date must be set within 3 months of the cancellation of the original workshop booking – even if the agreed new date lies outside of the 3-month period. Failure to rebook within that period will result in the cancellation of the booking with no refund. If the participant does not attend the second amended date, the booking will be considered cancelled with no refund.
If we need to cancel a workshop at short notice for reasons beyond our control, such as illness or mechanical breakdowns, the first option is to rearrange a mutually convenient date or receive a refund. In the event of cancellation for any reason, we are unable to reimburse travel, accommodation or any other expenses that you may incur in relation to the cancelled course.